TRIFLO: BREATHING DEEPLY
The TriFlo is a very good incentive spirometer.
Features:The TriFlo is a heplful breathing device for wind musicians because is a Deep Breathing Exerciser, that has been scientifically constructed to take a slow Sustained Maximal Inspiration (SMI).
The Triflo has three chambers with their own balls that requires air pressures from 600-1200 cc per second.
Designed for inhalation, it can be also turned upside down for use with exhalation.
Great for studying the relationship between air flow and air pressure.
Instructions for Using the Triflo:
- Held the device in an upright position, exhale normally and place your lips tightly around the mouthpiece.
- To achieve a Slow Sustained Maximal Inspiration (SMI), inhale at a sufficient rate to raise only the ball in the first chamber, while the ball in the second chamber remains at rest.
- For a higher flow rate, inhale at a rate sufficient to raise the first and second balls, while the ball in the third chamber remains at rest.
- Exhale after performing the exercise, remove the mouthpiece from your lips and exhale normally.
- Relax following each prolonged deep breath, take a moment to rest, and breathe normally. Then, repeat the exercise as directed by your health practitioner.
You can buy the "Triflo Breath Trainer" clicking HERE.
Here, you can find a video about how the triflo works. (only Spanish)